Business continuity advice
The information below will help you to protect your business from serious disruptions.
What is Business Continuity Management?
Business Continuity Management is a process that helps the smooth running of an organisation if there is a disruption or major incident.
It is a generic management framework that is valid across the public, private and voluntary sectors. It is an ongoing process that helps organisations anticipate, prepare for, prevent, respond to and recover from disruptions, whatever their source and whatever aspect of the business they affect.
Why prepare for emergencies?
Emergencies can disrupt businesses, affecting profits and operations. This is bad for employees, shareholders, customers and communities.
The Government’s key advice to businesses is to ensure that you have robust, flexible Business Continuity Management that will ensure that the impact of any emergency on your business will be minimised and should help your business recover quickly.
It makes sense to put in place Business Continuity Management arrangements because they help to:
- Develop a clear understanding as to how your organisations works
- Minimise the impact of a major incident to your business
- Protects the reputation of your business
- Produces clear cost benefits
What can your business do to prepare?
- Download a 'Your Business Matters' card
Complete this simple fold-out record of essential business information and contact details
- Visit London Prepared
Get comprehensive advice on Business Continuity from the London Resilience Partnership
- Sign up for our Business Continuity e-newsletter
Receive regular news updates and practical BC tips in your inbox
Mind Your Own Business newsletters
- Mind Your Own Business issue 1
- Mind Your Own Business issue 2
- Mind Your Own Business issue 3
- Mind Your Own Business issue 4
- Mind Your Own Business issue 5
- Mind Your Own Business issue 6