Kings Road Household Waste Recycling Centre
48 Kings Road
Chingford, E4 7HR (near Pimp Hall).
About the site
This site is:
- For sorted, household recyclable waste only
- Owned and managed by the North London Waste Authority
- Does not accept trade waste or residual waste
- Does not accept vans
- Has a vehicle height restriction of 1.85 metres
- Open from 8.30am-5.15pm every day of the year
- Closed on 25 December, 26 December and 1 January
Second Time Around Shop
A reuse shop is based at Kings Road Reuse and Recycling Centre.
Items for sale could include furniture, toys, sports equipment, clothes and other household items. The items have been donated to Second Time Around for reuse by residents or collected from the other reuse and recycling centres in the area and would have otherwise been thrown away.
Find out about the Second Time Around Shop.
What you can recycle
You can recycle the following items at this site:
- Car batteries
- Computers and printers
- Cooking oil
- Electrical items
- Engine oil
- Fluorescent tubes
- Food/drink cans and foil
- Furniture in good condition
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Glass bottles and jars
- Household batteries
- Long life light bulbs
- Mirrors/large pieces of glass
- Mobile telephones
- Paint cans (empty)
- Plastic bottles
- Reusable paint
- Tetra Pak style cartons
- Textiles and shoes
- Tools for reuse
- White goods
Residents can recycle domestic construction waste at this site. There is no weight limit in place.
The site accepts:
- Paving stones
And does not accept:
- Tarmac - Please note: Tarmac cannot be taken to any of our public sites and needs to be disposed of at Bywaters non public site, Gateway Road, Leyton. There will be a charge to use this site.
Soil, plasterboard and tiles can be taken to the South Access Road Household Waste Recycling Centre.
Residents can bring trade waste to the private site at Gateway Road. There will be a charge. (Turn left for the trade waste site).