Hale End Library
- Monday, closed
- Tuesday, 10am-6pm
- Wednesday, 10am-6pm
- Thursday, closed
- Friday, 10am-6pm
- Saturday, 10am-4pm
- Sunday, closed
Age Concern computer training
Rhyme Time - singing and storytelling for U5's.
5-6pm (1st Wednesday of each month only)
Family History Group
6.30-8.30pm every 6 weeks.
This informal group meets approximately once a month to share information, hints and tips as they explore their roots through the help of library resources, special talks, and workshops. To join this existing group or to find out more about setting up your own group in another library please email us at email@example.com
Computer training and story writing session for people with Learning Disabilities (247 Markhouse Road Day Service)
For more information contact Day Services at:
247 Markhouse Road
Walthamstow, E17 8DW
Tel 020 8509 0434
Councillor surgeries: Hatch Lane Ward
10-11am (2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month)
Councillor surgeries: Hale End and Higham Park Ward
10.30-11.30am (3rd Saturday of the month)
In addition to our programme of regular activities, we also host special programmes and events for adults and children throughout the year. Find out more about our current programme here.
Stock and services
Hale End Library offers a wide range of books and offers Internet access including:
- Large print and audio books
- Popular non-fiction such as gardening, cookery, biographies, health and sport
- Books and audio books for children and parents
- Computer use including FREE Internet access, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint)
- Dedicated children's PCs
- WiFi wireless internet access throughout the library
- Two meeting rooms with PCs and WiFi access
Hale End User Group
The next Hale End User Group Meeting:
Date: Thursday 25 April 2013
Place: Hale End Library
The purpose of the user group is to contribute suggestions regarding the library and the development of:
- Activities and events
- Use of the building and facilities
- Links with local groups and involvement of the community as a whole
The group meets quarterly, with around 10 participants, representing local groups and interests. We are looking for new members to represent young people.
If you are interested in joining the user group, please contact Zoe O'Hare, Supervisor of Hale End Library email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hale End User Group has:
- Worked with library staff to organise the very successful Xylonite / Halex War Memorial Plaques Unveiling Ceremony and Hale End Library 75th Anniversary Display on Friday 25 February 2011, attended by Rt Hon Iain Duncan Smith MP
- Suggested and organised new events and activities
- Supported the Waltham Forest Literature Festival Programme
Hale End Book Group
Who are we?
The Hale End Book Group has now been running successfully for some years. The Book Group survived the many months when the library operated from a van during refurbishment, when we met in private houses.
When do we meet?
We are a close-knit group, with various and varying opinions of our chosen book which provides lively discussion once a month. One hour is only just long enough for a debate of twelve enthusiastic bookworms, when literary taste and opinion frequently merges with much laughter.
Who chooses our books?
We do. Relying on personal recommendation, suggestions, reviews and a close watch kept on prize-winning authors. Our reading, over the years has ranged from 19th century classics, American, French and English to modern novels, biography and autobiography.
Who supplies our books?
Books are supplied via Hale End Library.