Higham Hill area regeneration
22 January 2013 in Consultation
Waltham Forest Council has ambitious plans for the Borough, and as part of our drive to create a better place to live we are investing £9 million in our high streets between now and 2014.
The Council are enhancing the borough’s high streets so they’ll continue to thrive in years to come. This will include a range of specific projects in the Higham Hill Road area. In partnership with Council we would like your views on these projects.
More on better high streets.
- Shop front improvement scheme.
- Footways will be reconstructed in places to enhance the pedestrian environment, increase visibility and safety for all road users.
- Full junction raised tables – at three key locations on Higham Hill Road to slow vehicles entering and exiting side roads, provide step free informal crossings points and give more priority to pedestrians.
- New zebra crossing on a raised table – near the junction with Claremont Road to enhance pedestrian safety.
- Public space improvements at the junction of Bramley Close with Higham Hill Road – to provide an attractive & safer street environment.
- Installing of Cycle Racks at the junction of Bramley Close with Higham Hill Road.
- Advance warning signs, i.e. ‘Hump sign’, ‘footway parking sign’ and ‘hump crossing sign’.
- Cycle symbol markings on the road surface to highlight cyclists to other road users.
- Enhancements to the Higham Hill Recreation Ground including improved entrances at Hecham Close, Norfolk Road and Sutton Road with a greater lighting upgrade to the park.
- Additional exercise equipment to Higham Hill Recreation Ground.
- Planting of new trees along the Higham Hill Recreation Ground footpath.
- Improved street lighting in Higham Hill Road – to enhance safety and improve the street’s visual appearance.
- Enhancements to Trecherfield Allotments boundary railings.
- Wayfinding – Finger Post at the junction of St Andrews Road with Higham Hill Road.
You can view the existing consultation document below:
The consultation period has now closed.
Please note that the Council will not reply individually to the consultation responses received.
What happens next?
Your views have been considered and the plans are finalised. If you have any queries about the proposals please contact Waltham Forest Direct on 020 8496 3000 or 0208 496 1023.
The scheme information and the finalised plans can be viewed below:
- Higham Hill Road area public information letter following consultation (160KB PDF file)
- Higham Hill Road area final scheme design plan (1.19MB PDF file)
- Higham Hill Road area list of changes made following the consultation (92KB PDF file)
- Higham Hill Recreation Ground landscape improvements plan (1.44MB PDF file)
- Higham Hill Road streetscape enhancements at Bramley Close (1.98MB BMP file)