View planning applications
- View the documents and plans for a particular planning application
- View planning applications in person at Sycamore House
- Comment on or object to a planning application
Make a planning application
- Make a planning application on-line via the Planning Portal
- Make an application using forms for planning permission and other applications
- Appeal a planning application
- Check the householders guide on the Planning Portal to see if you need permission for your development
- Developers may need to refer to pre-application planning advice
- Use our validation checklists to ensure that you are submitting the correct information with your application
- See planning application fees on the Planning Portal
- Check building regulations before submitting your application
The Local Development Framework provides the planning framework for the consideration of planning applications within a local authority area.
The aim of development management policies is to reduce unnecessary complexity for all parties engaged in development
The Community Infrastructure Levy allows local authorities to fund infrastructure by charging on new developments, based on the size and type of developments in their area.
Building and landscape design ensures that new development meets local criteria in respect of land use, practicality (drainage, parking, access etc.) and environmental considerations.
Other planning information
The Council's plans for developing local areas in the Borough.
Article 4 Directions are a means by which a local planning authority can bring within planning control certain types of development, or changes of use,
Ensuring that new development meets local criteria in respect of land use, practicality (drainage, parking, access etc.) and environmental considerations.
Look at and comment on or object to a planning application.
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) is a charge on new development that councils use to help pay for supporting infrastructure such as transport or
Our CIL Draft Charging Schedule was submitted to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government on 27 September 2013.
The Waltham Forest Community Infrastructure Levy Draft Charging Schedule was submitted for independent examination.
How high hedge disputes are handled in Waltham Forest.
The LDF provides the framework for handling planning applications in the Borough.
Provides information and guidance on the appeals process if your application decision is not made within a set time limit or you disagree with the decision,
If a resident is thinking of making alterations to their house/flat they will need to consult the planning section to see if they require planning permission.
Planning enforcement deals with a wide range of alleged breach of planning control. The planning laws, which identifies what you can and cant do, are outlined
Waltham Forest Planning Obligations
Public participation is a key ingredient in the delivery of good planning outcomes. We want to ensure that our plans are supported by residents, stakeholders
Key information for residents prior to putting in a planning application