You are here:

Telephony issues, Thursday 11 February

We are currently experiencing intermittent issues on 020 8496 3000. Our engineers are currently investigating.

You can also access Council services online. Please see our Apply, Book, Pay, Report pages.

We apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.​​​

Parental support

About special educational needs

Find out about special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), how we identify children and young people with SEND and how we plan support.

Free early education and childcare for two year olds

The Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE) is a government grant which enables eligible children aged two to have up to 15 hours a week free nursery education.

Free childcare for 3 and 4 year olds

All children from the month after they turn three can have up to 15 hours a week free nursery education.

Children's centres

Children's centres offer parents of young children help, advice, support and information on all aspects of parenting.

Complain about a school

How to complain about a school.

Free school meals

Free school meals for children whose families are on benefits.

Family Information Service

The Family Information Service is a free, impartial service giving detailed information and advice on childcare as well as general information on a wide

Community Learning Disability Team

The CLDT provides physiotherapy and psychiatry services for children and young people with physical, mental health and learning disabilities.

Grants for students

There are a number of schemes offering financial help to students in further education.

Home schooling

The education authority will arrange to visit a parent thinking about educating their child at home to help them plan the child's education. They will

Person centred planning

All children with a statement will have an annual review. In Waltham Forest we are developing Person Centred Reviews for all children with special educational

School breakfast clubs

Provision of breakfast for pupils in schools.

Schools admissions appeals

If your child isn't offered a place at one of the schools you listed on your application, you can appeal this decision to an independent panel

Supervision of pupils' medication in schools

Teachers or other non-teaching staff may be required to administer medication or supervise a pupil taking it. There is no legal requirement for teachers

Support to disabled children and children with health needs, and their parents and carers

The Specialist Children’s Service provides support to disabled children, children with health needs, and their parents and carers.