You are here:

Scheduled website maintenance

​The Council website will be unavailable for a period of time between 11pm to 6am on Friday 19 December.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Housing advice

Information about Council housing

Information about council housing, including the housing register, allocation priorities, and how to apply.

Local Housing Allowance

Help for people on a low income renting from a private landlord.

Affordable housing options

Information about low cost home ownership schemes through First Steps.

Community safety

The crime and disorder reduction strategy which addresses key priorities in relation to crime and disorder, it also provides information about ...

Council rent setting

The local authority is responsible for setting the level of rent based on how much it needs to spend on services for its tenants. Rents ...

Empty properties

Information about empty residential properties in the borough.

Homelessness: Advice and support

This service provides information and advice about housing to people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. They may be offered temporary accommodation

Housing advice

Advice on housing related matters including domestic violence, tenancies, debt advice, welfare benefits, rent and repairs.

Housing publications and leaflets

Leafelets and publications fro mthe Council.

Licensing of houses in multiple occupation (HMOs)

Landlords of houses of multiple occupation (with more than two households or tenants) must be licensed by the Council.

Mutual exchange

Information for tenants wishing to move through mutual exchange or useful transfer.

Private Rented Property Licence

Requirement that every landlord or managing agent applies for a licence to help the Council identify all of the properties that are rented out privately.

Private sector housing

Information about living in the private sector and the Private Sector Leasing Scheme.

Reporting a council house repair

How to report a Council house repair.

Sheltered housing

Sheltered housing is for people who are aged 50 years and over and are in need of some support to live independently.

Welfare reforms: Changes to the benefits system

The Welfare Reform Act 2012 contains provisions that will see the abolition of: Council Tax Benefit Some elements of the Discretionary Social Fund and

Contact details