You are here:

Telephony issues, Friday 5 February

We are currently experiencing intermittent issues on 020 8496 3000. Our engineers are currently investigating.

You can also access Council services online. Please see our Apply, Book, Pay, Report pages.

We apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Children and family care

Worried about a child?

What to do if you are worried about the safety of a child.

Child protection

How children and young people are protected from harm or abuse in Waltham Forest.

Residential care for children and young people

Provision of residential accommodation for children and young people who cannot live with their families.

Respite care for children and young people with a disability

You can get short breaks from caring for your disabled child.

Family Information Service

The Family Information Service is a free, impartial service giving detailed information and advice on childcare as well as general information on a wide

Children's Disability Register

The Children's Disability Register is the register for children with disabilities in Waltham Forest. It is used to plan services for children with disabilities.

Community Learning Disability Team

The CLDT provides physiotherapy and psychiatry services for children and young people with physical, mental health and learning disabilities.

Drugs and alcohol

Help available if you think you have a problem coping with alcohol or drugs.

Common Assessment Framework

The Common Assessment Framework (CAF) for Children and Young People is a key part of the strategy to shift the focus from dealing with the consequences

Leaflets and publications for children and families

Leaflets and publications from the Council.

Register a birth

Registration of a birth. Every birth must be registered in the district in which it takes place within 42 days of the date of birth.

Social services' support groups

Information and advice about organisations in the local area who may be able to provide support to children and their families.

Special guardianship

Special guardianship gives a child permanent legal security in a family that has parental responsibility for the child.

Support to disabled children and children with health needs, and their parents and carers

The Specialist Children’s Service provides support to disabled children, children with health needs, and their parents and carers.

Travelling people: Support for children

Help and support for Travellers children.

Young carers support and advice

Support, information and advice for young carers. The service provides recreational respite, advocacy, a befriending service and therapeutic support to

See also

  • SEND Local offer

    The local offer is a guide to all the services that are available for children and young people in Waltham Forest with special educational needs and/or disabilities aged from birth to 25